Popular Posts

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My new love for the Chevron pattern

I remember back when I first started working with textiles. No,forget working, it was more like thrown in!I had a girlfriend in San Francisco who had a hot little commercial upholsterey company but hated making sales calls! So of course I jumped on the opportunity to make some extra mad money and told her I could sell her stuff! She was thrilled!It was so funny to me that she had such anxiety over this because she had the personality of Bette Midler and looked like Cybil Shepard! Anyway, I'll never forget my first customer, she asked me to bring some Chevron fabrics with me! I had no idea what she was talking about, but thought I'd wing it! Luckily my hunch was right! It was the zig zag pattern like the logo at the Chevron Gas Station!Ha! And, for my friend, she got out of the upholstry biz and caught the wave in the morgage business, made millions and retired at forty four to Lake Tahoe!What a lucky dog! Or maybe she just found her niche'?

No comments:

Post a Comment